Tuesday, January 17, 2017

An Introduction to All My Doctors

Dr. Kamsler, Primary Physician- Dr. Kamsler is an Anthroposophical MD, who works closely with the Waldorf schools in our area. Anthroposophical Medicine is a form of alternative medicine developed by Rudolf Steiner, who also developed Waldorf education. Anthroposophy is a scientific and philosophical world view that connects the spiritual within the human being to the spiritual in nature, the world and the cosmos. I began to see Dr. Kamsler in early October, when my itching became so bad that it was affecting my work. He facilitated all the tests leading up to my diagnosis of lymphoma in November. I continue to work with him on a weekly basis, as he advises me on a number of holistic therapies and homeopathic remedies. He is the definition of what a doctor should be. He is the doctor that everyone deserves.  

Dr. Treisman, Oncologist #1- Dr. Treisman was an oncologist who came recommended to Dr. Kamsler through someone he knew. He ordered a biopsy in early December, which confirmed that the lymphoma was indeed Hodgkin's lymphoma. From there, Treisman ordered several scans, which revealed that the lymphoma was spread through my chest on both sides, and that I had fluid surrounding my lung on the right side. Luckily, there were no cancerous lymph nodes found below my diaphragm, suggesting that the cancer is in Stage II. Based on the scans, it did not seem evident that the cancer is in my bone marrow. There are many things I could say about my experience with Treisman, but I simply don't have the mental energy to relive all the instances in which he was a total dickbag. Suffice it to say, one should never tell Danielle Lynne what she is going to do with her own body. I have a real big bone to pick with Western medicine (and a few to break).  

Dr. Jeffreys, Oncologist #2-- Dr. Jeffreys came recommended to me by a friend of my father, who goes to her for treatment of his leukemia. I have been told she is open to alternative medicine in support of, or in place of chemotherapy. If nothing else, she said she is willing to have a conversation with me, which is more than I can say for Treisman. I will meet with her on Wednesday, 1/18.

No comments:

Post a Comment